It’s time to get to know the very talented Anthony Hill!
If you don’t know, Anthony stars as Dr. Winston Ndugu on season 17 of Grey’s Anatomy, which returns tonight on ABC!
While this season of Grey’s has been tackling the COVID-19 pandemic, Anthony in particular has one of the driving romantic plotlines of the season opposite Kelly McCreary’s Maggie Pierce. Be sure to tune in to ABC tonight to see where everything left off on Grey’s.
We got the chance to catch up with Anthony and ask him to reveal some fun and unknown facts about himself – did you know he used to play NCAA Division 1 football!?
Here are 10 Fun Facts about Anthony:
- I played NCAA Division 1 football at Oklahoma State University.
- I started taking boxing classes in 2015, and I started teaching boxing classes in 2017.
- I have an intense, borderline unhealthy obsession with time travel.
- My dad is in the Missouri State University Basketball Hall of Fame.
- My mom is an NPR Moth Mainstage Storyteller.
Click inside to read the rest of the fun facts…
- I’m a doughnut connoisseur. I can talk doughnuts for hours. Don’t get me started.
- I’ve watched hours of actual heart surgery footage to acclimate my mind to play a cardiothoracic surgeon on Grey’s.
- I can juggle, and make 8 different balloon animals. (Long story)
- I’ve broken 6 bones and had 4 surgeries. Thank you Football.
- A few years back I rode my bike, that had no pedals, across LA (from the Valley to Santa Monica -17 miles) to get to a callback audition with Regina King. (I didn’t get the part 😅)
- (Bonus) ALL Black Lives Matter.