David Ayer Reacts After Warner Exec Says His ‘Suicide Squad’ Cut Will Never Be Seen


After the release of Zack Snyder‘s cut of Justice League, fans have been asking Warner Bros. to release director David Ayer‘s cut of Suicide Squad.

Ayer, who directed the 2016 movie, has previously revealed that he shot more scenes with Jared Leto than what fans saw in the film.

Now, WarnerMedia Studios CEO Ann Sarnoff is shooting down any hope that the Ayer Cut will ever see the light of day. In a new interview about the success of Zack Snyder’s Justice League, she responded to the fan campaign for the Ayer Cut.

“We won’t be developing David Ayer’s cut,” she told Variety.

David responded to the news on Twitter by simply tweeting, “Why? 🥺,” with the sad-face emoji.

A reboot of the Suicide Squad franchise from director James Gunn is in the works and David responded to a fan who questioned why an Ayer Cut would be released at this time. He said, “That would be horrific brand management to do that. No one has suggested that. Let James crush it.”



Updated: March 23, 2021 — 12:10 am

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *