Woody Allen is speaking out against actors who have announced they will not work with him again.
The 85-year-old director spoke out in an interview for CBS Sunday Morning, Variety reported.
In the interview, he spoke of actors who either spoke out against the director or renounced their work with him following renewed interest in the sexual abuse allegations against him from ex Mia Farrow and daughter Dylan Farrow in HBO docu-series Allen v. Farrow.
“I think they’re well-meaning but they’re foolish. All they’re doing is they’re persecuting a perfectly innocent person and they’re enabling this lie,” Woody said in the interview, recorded last year after the release of his memoir.
He again repeated his denial that he had sexually molested his then-7-year-old daughter in 1992, calling the allegations “preposterous.”
“It’s so preposterous and yet the smear has remained. And they still prefer to cling to, if not the notion that I molested Dylan, than the possibility that I molested her. Nothing that I ever did with Dylan in my life could be misconstrued as that.”
Here are some of the biggest revelations from the docu-series. Here’s what Woody Allen said about the docu-series.