Fyre Festival Attendees Win $2M Class-Action Settlement


The attendees of the ill-fated Fyre Festival are finally getting their payday.

According to People, a $2 million class-action settlement between the festival’s organizers and 277 ticket holders was reached on Tuesday (April 13) in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Southern District of New York.

Click inside to find out how much each ticket holder is eligible for…

While the final amount is still subject to the court’s approval, each ticket holder is currently eligible to receive $7,200.

The festival’s co-founder Billy McFarland is currently serving a six-year prison sentence for his involvement in the event after pleading guilty to two counts of wire fraud in March 2018.

The lead lawyer representing the ticket holders Ben Meiselas said that he was happy to see “justice” served.

Billy [McFarland] went to jail, ticket holders can get some money back, and some great documentaries were made,” he said in a statement. “Now that’s what I call justice.”

Billy and co-founder Ja Rule faced dozens of lawsuits in the wake of the disastrous festival. The event boasted huge acts like blink-182 and Migos as well as appearances from social media influencers like Kendall Jenner, leading fans to pay upwards of $1,595 for tickets.

However, when festival-goers arrived to the Bahamian island of Great Exuma, it was clear that the lavish accommodations and incredible performances they had been promised were nowhere in sight.

Ja Rule and Billy were not the only ones to face lawsuits from the event, with Migos ultimately settling their own suit for $30,000.

Once famous social media influencer also apologized for her involvement in promoting the festival.



Updated: April 16, 2021 — 3:17 pm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *