The new ABC series was canceled last week after airing just four episodes and Katey is just as shocked as fans about the news.
Rebel was one of five shows that were canceled by ABC on Friday and fans are devastated by the news.
Click inside to read what Katey Sagal said in her statement…
In a statement posted to Instagram, Katey addressed the news.
“To all the dear rebellious @rebelabc followers. I am so touched by your support for our show. As a cast and great crew and the amazingly talented @kristavernoff have just begun to gel and find our footing, the plug has been pulled, and I feel you and hear your disappointment. I wholeheartedly stand with you,” Katey said in the post. “The abrupt announcement that there would be no season 2 based on the response from four airings came as a shock and a heartbreak.”
“Things take time to catch on. Rebel tells the story of a woman who speaks up for what is right, the show has heart and purpose, funny and tears, and we, the cast, are all scratching our heads at the reversal of support from ABC,” she continued. “As Rebel would say, fight for what you want, make people listen, and in this case, if our show can find another, more suitable place to land, we will do the happy dance. If not, we gave it our all and made our voices heard, which is the message behind Rebel! Always Speak Up!!
She concluded the post by saying, “Please feel free to share this post, and if you would like to sign the petition, you can join the thousands of others by clicking the link in my bio. You will see a link to the petition.”