Valene Kane is a name that you should definitely keep on your radar!
The Irish actress can currently be seen starring in the movie Profile, which is playing in theaters right now. The thriller follows an undercover British journalist in her quest to bait and expose a terrorist recruiter through social media, while trying not to be sucked in by her recruiter and lured into becoming a militant extremist herself.
The unconventional film plays out entirely on a computer screen in the Screenlife format, pioneered by director Timur Bekmambetov.
Fans might already know Valene from her work in the BBC Two series The Fall, the Star Wars film Rogue One, and the movie Sonja: The White Swan.
We caught up with Valene and learned 10 interesting facts about her.
Click inside to check out the 10 Fun Facts…
- My mother ran me over when I was 11. I still have a scar on my upper lip. All my front teeth are fake. My face basically took the entire impact. So I had no front teeth for 4 months when I was 11.
- I was a gamer in my childhood. I would spend hours alone in my bedroom playing Warcraft.
- I am named after my father valentine. But the name is made up (although some people say my mum named me after the character in Knot’s Landing).
- I have a motorbike.
- Francis Bacon is my favourite artist.
- I love everything about the French. In my past life I was Anais Nin married to Anna Karina.
- Peanut M&M’s poured into the salted popcorn at the movies is the jam.
- The Irish mountains are my religion.
- I have a dangerous obsession with veganaise.
- My lockdown saviour was my Devon Rex.
Make sure to check out Profile, in theaters now!